Resident Trustee Program
FIRST STEP TRUSTEE PROGRAM
Our trustee program gives formerly or currently homeless adults a combination of classroom and on the job training in a Low-Barrier Homeless Shelter or Transitional Housing Facility.
•About the Training Program:
–Trustees will complete classroom hours and internship hours for eligibility to The Next Steps Internship Program with Camp Hope.
–Trustees will learn to better assist clients with Serious Mental Illness, Addiction, and Homelessness issues.
- Trustees will be assigned tasks that improve the quality of life at the facility, teach accountability, improve self esteem and enhance their perception of themselves.
– job training may be provided in:
• Crisis Prevention
• Conflict Management
• Maintaining Boundaries
• CPR & First Aide certification
• Customer Service
– Leadership Training
•Trustees may be trained in the following areas:
–Meal Service / Preparation Aide – The Meal Service / Preparation Aide is responsible for assisting staff, interns and community partners in preparation and service of the meals for the facility.
–Maintenance Aide – Maintenance Aide provide a clean and safe environment to the residents of the shelter by maintaining the facility including the sleeping areas, kitchen / food preparation area, restrooms, and all public areas.
- Donation Aide – Donation Aides are responsible for assisting staff, interns and community partners in taking in donations in an orderly fashion. They also are responsible for inventory organization, control and assisting in distribution of donations under the direction of the staff.
–Must be 18+ and legally able to work in the United States
–High School Diploma/Equivalency or pursuing their GED
- Must have the ability to follow directions
–Have an open and flexible schedule
–Ability to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights
–Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
–Ability to climb flights of stairs or steps
- Be currently completing or in the process of completing sustainability goals & working with Accountability Partner / Case Manager.
–Exceptional customer service skills and ability to think critically
- Remain Clean & Sober at all times
– Sign Up at the Office.
– Have the recommendation of at least (2) staff members
– Interview with the Shelter Director or his designee
Trustees do not receive any compensation of any kind for this position. Trustees will be eligible to apply for Next Step Internship Program positions with acceptable performance as a Trustee.
For more info, please call: 509-424-1228